Oil & Gas Jobs
Safety Officer job
Competentia AS Require Safety Officer job as per below details:
We are currently looking for a Safety Officer to work with a leading Operator based in Aberdeen.
The successful candidate will be required to anticipate or identify problem areas or potential areas of conflict (within company or between company and contractor) and effect resolution.
Ability to communicate with different Package representatives and ensure effective liaison between all parties is essential.
- Monitor construction Contractors to ensure that project safety, health and environmental requirements are met.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the SHE Policy, Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company SHE standards, actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
- Participate in contractor?s planning meetings, risk assessments, toolbox talks, safety meetings, etc.
- Spend the majority of time at the workplace to monitor performance of work and to coach and encourage contractor?s personnel to achieve an acceptable safety, health and environmental performance.
- Maintain good relationships with Contractors. Where necessary intervene to stop work where appropriate standards are not met.Liaise with Other disciplines to improve effectiveness of the overall Team.
Qualifications Experience required:-
- Relevant fabrication and construction experience
- Good spoken and written English.
- Recognised professional safety qualification, Chartered Safety Professional preferred.
- NEBOSH General or International Certificate
- Medically and physically fit to offshore standards
- Full and Current EU Drivers Licence